Monday 18 February 2013

Stuff I Have Found on my Cats

Yoghurt

Tail once calmly strutted in with a dollop of yoghurt on the end of her tail.


I have no idea where it came from, but I presume it was deliberate. Tail does everything on purpose.

Fashion is a curious thing.

Burs

The moggies frequently sport burs and other plantlife on their fur.

The burs tend to congregate sneakily in the hardest-to-scratch places.


Being a cat of very little brain, Mouth doesn't mind them. He is flattered that they seem so attached to him and would like them to stay there forever, please.

Carrier bags

Mouth has a love/hate relationship with carrier bags. One minute he will be casually wearing one, and the next it is a scary suffocating monster that wants to eat his legs.


My boyfriend and I hide our carrier bags away, but this doesn't seem to stop Mouth seeking them out.

Eye gunk

Most cats produce eye gunk, but some make a hobby of it. Mouth generates the stuff with disarming regularity.


Slugs

I once found a slug slithering blithely up Mouth's leg.

He seemed oblivious to its presence. The slug, for its part, was tackling the upward climb with gusto, apparently convinced that it would find a year's supply of lettuce at the leg's summit.


2 comments:

  1. The other day, much to the utter dismay of my brother, Timmy came inside with a hitch hiker - one of the huge, hairy, eight legged varieties. I know your desperate for friends Tim but really! Next time leave your friends outside! (William)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, from time to time, our resident Mainey man gets what I politely refer to as "sand tail", but that's about it as far as cat cling-ons around here.

    ReplyDelete