Here are some of the laws of Cat Science.
(1) If there is a piece of paper in the middle of the floor, your cat will sit on it.
(2) If it was expensive and made for cats, your cat won't want it. (This is especially true if the packaging says something like "Your cat will love this!", "Satisfaction guaranteed!", "Best seller!" etc.)
(3) If it was free, your cat will want it.
(4) If there's a choice between lino and carpet, your cat will throw up on the carpet. And look oddly smug about this.
(5) If it's cat food, your cat won't eat it.
(6) If it's not cat food and your cat probably shouldn't eat it, your cat will eat it.
You are welcome.